The album includes 15 tracks, which once were written by funk music legends as “Parliament/Funkadelic”, Stevie Wonder, “The Meters”, “Tower of Power”, Curtis Mayfield and James Brown
1. Give Up The funk (B.Collins, G.Clinton, J.Brailey)
2. Hit it & Quit (B.Worrell, B.Nelson, J. Jones, G.Clinton)
3. You And Your Folks, Me And My Folks (B.Worrell, B.Nelson, C. Haskins, G.Clinton, W.Nelson, G.Shider)
4. Superstition (S.Wonder)
5. For Your Love (S.Wonder)
6. Signed Sealed Delivered I’m Yours (L.Garrett, L.M. Hardaway, S.Wonder, S.Wright)
7. Keep on Marching (A.Neville, G.Porter Jr., L.Nocentelli, Z.Modeliste)
8. Just Kissed my baby (A.Neville, G.Porter Jr., L.Nocentelli, Z.Modeliste)
9. What is hip? (E.Castillo, D.Garibaldi, S.Kupka)
10. Superfly (C. Mayfield)
11. Keep On Pushing (C. Mayfield)
12. Mighty Mighty (Spade and Whitey) (C. Mayfield)
13. Get offa that thing (J.Brown)
14. Too Funky in here (J.Brown)
15. It’s a Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World (J.Brown)
released 29 September 2015
Elvijs Grafcovs – guitar;
Māris Jēkabsons – tenor sax;
Māris Vitkus – organ, keyboards & synth.
Ritvars Garoza – organ, keyboards & synth.
Valters Sprūdžs – bass;
Andris Buiķis- drums.
Kristaps Lubovs – baritone sax;
Oskars Ozoliņš – trumpet;
Laura Rozenberga – trombone
Incredible guest artists:
Evilena Protektore – vocal (track 1,2,3); Dinara Rudan – vocal (track 4,5,6); Oskars Stolse-Semerovs – vocal & mouth harmonica (track 4,5,6); Kristīne Prauliņa – vocal (Track 7,8); Jānis Stībelis – vocal (track 9); Aija Vītoliņa – vocal (track 10,11,12) Ralfs Eilands – vocal (track 13,14,15).
Recorded by Einārs Cintiņš, Mārtiņš Porters, Irita Skurule at Riga TV24, Riga, Latvia. 30th of April 2015 – International Jazz Day Latvia.
Mixed by Edgars Skrāģis at Meduza sound/Jump studio, Riga, Latvia
Mastered by Alan Silverman at ARF Mastering, New York, NY, USA
Design & artwork by Anna Skane